Roku stick overheating is a common issue confronted by Roku users. The device itself has heat sinks placed on the integrated circuits under the cabinet. Usually, all electronic devices produce some amount of heat and electricity has electrons, which result in the form of heat energy.
Why does Roku stick overheat?
Please don’t get frightened by Roku overheating issue. We can deem this issue in such a way that it is common for electronic devices to warm /heat up to some extent after long hour use. Some people assume that their Roku device has some technical issues, but heating some is normal for any electrical and electronic device. If your device is getting hot to such an extent where it is difficult to touch or bear then comes the issue. In any case, if you are facing that type of issue, then I request you to right away the Roku support team at +1-844-854-6817.Still, I am going to share my perspective, how to avoid your Roku device from getting overheated.
- Please check whether your Roku device is placed inside a closed cabinet or another type of closed space.
- Please make sure that Roku is placed under direct sunlight, as sunlight has photons which are little packets of heat and energy.
- Please make sure that Roku is not placed over any warm/hot surface of other devices like; receiver, routers, cable boxes, etc.
- Please check the electrical power supply to the Roku device, make sure the power supply is not fluctuating.
How to resolve the Roku stick overheating issue?
I have shared some steps to resolve this issue, please follow as given below. This might result in a resolution for overheating issues.
- Plug off the device from the electrical power source and wait for at least 10 minutes to cool it down.
- Please check is the device is broken or damage from outside.
- Please dust off the device with a dry cloth.
- Check the Roku device for any loose or broken cable connection.
After following the above-given steps, plug the device back to the power source and restart it again. If you still are still facing the same overheating issue then I suggest you contact a professional Roku support team at +1-844-854-6817. We welcome suggestions for this article, our team will revert back within 24 hours with a solution after posting a comment on this article.