Linksys Extender Setup re6400 is a simple and easy task. We will provide steps with images to setup Linksys re6400 range extender. The most efficient way to set up this Linksys extender is using browser base setup features, and you don’t need to use old times CD to execute this simple task.
Points to note before Linksys Extender Setup re6400
- You should have a Wi-Fi connection
- The Linksys RE6400 extender should be plugged into the power socket, you will notice orange blinking light on the extender
- You must have SSID and passkey (Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password)
Please make sure you must be considered the above steps before proceeding to the final Linksys re6400 extender setup. Once finished with the above steps then follow the below-given step steps one by one. I have shared images with the steps to give you a better perspective.
Steps to setup Linksys Extender RE6400
- Using your computer or any other device, connect it to Linksys re6400 using default Wi-Fi username and password.
- Once your computer or device is connected with the extender’s Wi-Fi open any web browser. ( Web browser like; Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Netscape etc.)
- Open this link in web browser http://extender.linksys.com/ or paste “192.168.1.1” in Address / URL bar in the browser and press Enter button.
- Then choose “Setup range extender” from options on the monitor.
- Select your Linksys Extender Model (in your case extender model is RE6400)
- Now click on start setup
- Click next on “How do you want to use your range extender” page
- Select your Wi-Fi name
- Connect the Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi password/security key
- On the next page, you will find the option to configure your extender settings like Network name, Security mode and Wi-Fi password. Fill all the fields. Make sure not to use easy passwords like your pet name as that can be guessed easily.
- Next, you have to relocate the location of your RE4600 extender till it shows “Just Right” in a prompted window on your monitor.
- Create RE4600 Extender login credentials as admin.
- Click “save”
Great! work now your Linksys Re6400 extender is fully set up and functional. Please check internet connection speed by connecting any device with the Re6400 extender. If you still any issue and want support regarding Linksys Extender setup or any other query then you can contact the support team for free using Toll-Free number +1-844-456-4180
Thank you! I hope this article has resolved your issue regarding the extender setup, we welcome comments and queries. Any comment will be answered by the professionals within 24 hours of the comment being posted. Thanks again!
- Arlo App for PC
- Netgear Genie for Mac
- Netgear Nighthawk App
- Arlo Camera Battery Life
- Netgear Genie for Mac
- TP-Link AC1750 Firmware Update
- Unable to Contact Arlo Support Number
- Orbi Not Working? | Issue Fixed
- TP-Link Firmware Update | Upgrade
- Arlo Login | How to & Steps
- Roku Customer Support | Contact Now
- Roku Stick Overheating | Issue Fixed