Arlo Camera Battery Life is not a special product that will last forever. You need to replace the battery after some time. But Netgear the manufacturer of Arlo security has shared some useful tips to improve the battery life for the Arlo camera. Simply follow the tips and increase the batter performance duration. These batteries are not designed for continuous usage. The average battery life is for 6 months. Arlo cameras models like; Arlo Pro or Arlo Wire-Free. As we all know electronics product performance is related to weather and temperature too. If the same battery is placed at very cold temperatures then the battery life decreases more aggressively.
Tips to improve Arlo camera battery life:
- Make sure that your Arlo camera is running on the latest firmware version.
- How to check the firmware version of your Arlo camera?
- Use batteries which are officially designed for this particular product
- Record short videos instead of lengthy ones
- Place cameras where the Arlo camera has better LTE signal strength. Usually, more than 3 signal bars are enough but more is better.
- Keep Arlo cameras within a distance of 90 meters from the base station
- Isolate as much possible Arlo cameras from nearby Wi-Fi routers to decrease signal noise and improve battery life.
- 0°Celsius temperature can put a negative impact on the battery life of Arlo camera
- The low light environment can extend resource usage of infrared sensors
Arlo has replaceable as well as rechargeable batteries for Arlo cameras. You can either replace the battery after 6 months or can purchase a new one which can be recharged again after use.